Saturday 6 September 2014

Yes.....I Know.......!!






Yes....I know...
It's been almost 2 months since I wrote.

Life seems to have been so full.
A cry I know many of us echo as we try to catch life by the coattails!




I decided that, with all the sitting around, being unable to get out
my mind was beginning to need
 some stretching
so I started doing a course, by distance learning,
with the Open University.




I didn't tell anyone...just in case
I didn't manage to complete it as I didn't want 
to have egg on my face!

I've taken it one assignment at a time..
and so many times I have sat in front of the computer and thought
"I can't do this!"
Yet, I have!
I have so enjoyed the breadth of what I have learnt...
sometimes I have felt angry 
(on the behalf of those that I am learning about,)
other times I have felt frustrated,
as the assignments haven't covered the things that have grabbed my attention




But, I've done it!!
Oh yeah!!

I really can't believe it....
I have completed 7 Tutor marked assignments.
I was telling my doctor this week
and he said
to have achieved an average over the 7 of
77%
when during the study time
I have had 2 major ops.,
have an eye problem which means my eye slowly closes when I'm reading...
...and I fall asleep
(more often than not!)
and also I am on some majorly strong pain killers!


Was really something!!





The next part was the examinable 
component 
of the course
50% of the marks 
and,apparently, if you fail that
you fail the course!

So, I have had my head down for days
...even weeks...it feels!
working at it.
My eyes feel exhausted and my brain
scrambled!
Well more than it usually is!




I have checked... and rechecked...
and rechecked..
and now I have submitted it.
Oh yeah!!
I'm happy about the content but...
am worried
that I may have got the referencing wrong.
However...
I have to stop worrying..
it's done and dusted...as a friend of mine would say!




I have already booked for my next course...
am I a masochist?
No...
I'm really enjoying all I am learning...
and the assignments
help me look deeper and not just skim read.
I have learnt so much about the world we live in.




I started just wanting to do a course
but now am...
in line to do a degree...over the years.

I don't know whether I will...
we'll see!
What I am doing is just....
doing one assignment at a time...
sometimes kicking and screaming...
but, I'm doing it!




and enjoying it!!
I hope it doesn't sound as if I am complaining 
because I'm not...
I'd stop if I didn't  find it so exhilarating!




Otherwise...
all is well!!

Sorry Mum didn't do a post when she was here.
I've got the photos but it seemed to be all go! 
Perhaps I'll manage 
to settle down with her
when I am able to visit her!

At the moment I'm not allowed to drive that far!




My hip is wonderful....don't know I've had it done..

My back is a different story....
It is really painful still.
I asked the physio.... when I last saw him
and he said it would be 12-18 months
before we finally know what's happening....

I asked if I would still be in pain
and he said that I could be.
I said...why the op then...if the pain doesn't go?

He said that I had to have it as 
I would have been in a wheelchair.
I suppose that's one blessing!!




I have been visiting but not commenting ....sorry!


It's a glorious autumn day so
I am going to have some lunch...
and then...
go outside and enjoy a short walk...
coming??!!








21 comments:

  1. We have missed you. Love your photos. Sounds like you have been through a lot. It's good to learn. That can take your mind off the pain some times. I am sending you all good wishes , xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with you taking courses and working so hard at them, not an easy thing to undertake I am sure. I love to learn but simply hate to be tested. Hope the pain in your back lessens everyday, so glad to see your post today.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!* for doing such a daunting task! I hope your back improves quickly. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful accomplishment! I am so glad to read this post from you! I would think you have much in which you are able to feel pride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry that you have to put up with the back pain! It affects your whole body! But BRAVO for going back to school!! What are the beautiful dark maroon flower and the last blue one? Some of your flowers look like dahlias. I am so glad you are back, and all is well (almost)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, you. And with all those health complications as well, good for you. I'm looking forward to the day you put up a post saying - I passed! I passed! Keep it up.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bravo! I am glad you are enjoying your assignments Joan, and that your hip is feeling better. Progress!
    While I do not have a terrific memory, I love exploring subjects new to me. In the last few months I have been reading about Eastern Orthodoxy and enjoying attending services, too.
    Wishing you well, Joan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear from you. Admire what you are doing despite your health issues. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done,what an achievement,Good luck with the next one. I hope your back gets better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you . . . Stellar in fact . . .
    And now another corse too . . . what a woman!
    Love the flowers . . . very nice . . .
    Cheery Sunny Days . . . just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spelling correction . . .
    COURSE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never, ever, ever, never, ever should any of us close our minds to learning.
    Well done Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a wonderful achievement. I started on OU course, (but gave up after a while) .They're a huge committment. It takes a special person to give it the full attention it deserves - well done you! Hope you get that degree one day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So nice to hear from you! Gosh you have come a long way and i hope things keep going forward! Enjoy your day and love you puctures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is great that you are taking courses and stretching your mind. Hope you get a great passing grade but it's all about the process, really, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. First of all, your photos are beautiful! Loved seeing all the gorgeous flowers. Secondly, I had no idea you were dealing with so many physical issues! To be going through so much, and complete a course like you did, is amazing! I am so impressed! Hope your final grade is one you are happy with. Glad you feel like you are learning a lot. Learning is so important! Our bodies can start breaking down, but if we keep our minds' sharp, we are still doing great! You go girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! well done you!
    I love learning new things too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. BRAVO Joan! so very glad to hear you took the plunge!! I am sure you are thoroughly enjoying yourself. It will definitely take your mind off other things and in fact it is such a committment you won't be able to think of much else but it makes you feel so good.
    keep well

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Joan, I am very late in reading blogs, but so glad to hear your news. You have had some difficult times with various operations, but your determination to stick to completion of your course was wonderful, despite some hard times. Congrats to yiu!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on all your success! All the best with everything that you have planned. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sending HUGS I do hope all is well. HUGS B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I look forward to reading your thoughts and ideas!